View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Before You Quit Your Day Job

[ QUOTE ]

<digression>I smile a lot more now. Its been three months since I sat through a powerpoint presentation on how wonderful our company is, given to a salesman who will retaliate with his own presentation selling us some rubbish we almost certainly dont want. Three months since the quality morons need my input on designing a form, that I'll have to fill in or sign, whose only purpose in life is to sit in a file until more quality morons check its been filled in and signed... I'll have to stop or I'm going to break out in song. <end digression>.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Quality "moron" I'd just like to state that those documents absolutely positively have a purpose. Its to live in a file. It may not be a big purpose, but its a purpose.

I hate ISO!!!!

Sadly, I have:
a - not nearly enough skill to be a pro
b - too many family commitments to be willing to take the risk involved. If you're single you can take a shot and if it doesn't work out you eat noodles/peanut butter sandwiches for a few months and then go back to "honest work." If you've got a family then "taking a shot" is absolutey NOT an option.

Interesting article, interesting thread.

ThisHo