View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Aces against wtfsvi

I had KK in this hand, and I think my preflop range for calling preflop at the moment was pretty much AA-QQ. Don't know if I'd push or call or fold with AK, probably fold.

I had been very aggressive and tricky, pulling all sorts of weird moves on Emil, so I was in passive mode. Not about to try to make him make laydowns. Therefore, the tight calling range preflop. If Emil was on to that, good third(/fourth/fifth or whatever. I don't feel like counting.)-level thinking by him and a hand very well played.

On the flop, I figured I'd let him push the turn himself since I, while I thought he was on a real hand, was not sure of it. That's also the reason for the turn check behind. I wanted to give him every oportunity to bluff off his stack if he didn't have anything. In retrospect, I think I should push the turn since the turn check behind followed by the river push shows more strength because of the above mentioned oportunity for him to bluff, and because I knew Emil was on to my delayed bluffing, but I hadn't shown down a delayed bluff yet. (So even though it was obvious what was going on from a previous hand, maybe he hadn't adjusted to me knowing that he knew. He probably had though.)