Thread: TT 4-handed
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: TT 4-handed

To be honest, i haven't been able to get my hands on anything by Sklansky, but i agree, you want to kill hands when you're oop especially with 20-30x bb. However, villian is most likely (ie. 75-80%?) being honest, and unlikely making a positional move. But you did mention that you had restole and c/r'ed possible bluffs, so he might be trying to buy the pot with something like Axs, KJ, 67s. etc. Your read will obviously be better though. Problem is, reraising by the same amount you'd lead out if you called will sometimes take pot and sometimes lose your bet. I like playing 10s and Js for set value and overpair qualities, and possibly leading out 1/2 pot if i think he missed. Besides, if he is bluffing and has one of top two/three hands (which he is representing), your implied odds are pretty good by calling when you hit your 10 (you should double up and it costs about 1/10th your stack to give you the chance).

Basically, your reraise either makes him fold, call, or push. Folding is ideal, but since he has you covered by a fair bit (what are other stack sizes and payout structure btw?) and has position i don't know how likely that is. If he calls, it might be tough to put him on a hand, and i don't know if you would really want to lead out a bet on a Q7J or K53 type of flop (and any aces, i'd suggest leaving alone if you have an average stack).

So, to me anyways, calling lets you still risk the same 60 you raised, but under potentially more favorable conditions ie. to rule out AK (which will occur 2/3 of the time), and still allows you to try to hit your set. Besides, if he plays AK as he would AA-QQ, it makes it almost equally likely that he has AK as one of top three pairs (and he might slowplay AA or KK).

Also, knowing that he's gonna push 50% with AK or 50% with overpair, you have to fold the push. But it makes sense to see flop and bet out if no A or K, b/c if he does have As or Ks, you'd still lose it, but if he does have AK, he SHOULD fold.