View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: PP 30/60 should I lay this down?

While I think we can come up with some theoretical scenarios where you are ahead you certainly are not winning here mich more than 9%. This one is really read dependent - meaning you have read one of these guys to make odd plays before. Button clearly looks like he has a flush. If he is decent playing post flop you can be pretty sure of it. What can button have here? Ah9x could play it that way if he is laggy post flop (i.e. most arent raising that river with 2 pair), but calling 3 preflop? I think his VPIP would have to be 70+ or so for that. Maybe 44 if he is calling 3 preflop with that. So those are the only two hands you can beat from the button. I think the nut flush is pretty likely holding here. Now on to MP. His CC then turn raise certainly wreaks of strength. KK? AK hearts? I dont think there is any way he checks that on the flop. AA has to bet that flop with the two hearts. AhKx would make the turn raise look right, but again cant check that flop. Almost certainly has to be KK no? His stats are pretty close to typical 2+2 perhpas minus a little aggression. I wouldnt play any hand the way he did, but KK is the big favorite, could be AhQh as well I suppose.

Regardless, after all that babble, someone must have played their hand pretty wierd for you to be ahead of either of them - gotta believe its a super long shot you are ahead of both.

I think it is not unreasonable to fold this - chance of winning has to be around 2-3%