View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Anyone else think empire should make a move

[ QUOTE ]
Some random observations:
1. Party became one of the huge poker sites because of the number of fish that played at all levels.
2. Party stategy seems to be based on the premise that we got the fish so the destroy the rest of the network and get the sharks to pay us their rake instead of a skin.
3. Party has a large pool of fish even with one of the highest rakes of online poker.

Conclusion: lowering rake won't draw fish into a network just mainly multitabling fish devouring sharks. To get fish it looks like you have to advertise, have some bonuses, value added or guaranteed prize pool tournements and some kind of promotional benefit that looks good to long-term losing fish that doesn't cost too much. If Empire is going to try recover and become what the Party Poker network used to be they will need to suck in tons and tons of fish. Just shipping over their current stock of high volume players and adding some more via a rake cut doesn't look to really help them much. To try to out Party Party they might end up pushing the Empire Poker network hard and then eventually increase the rake to cover the increased costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soo your answer is to sit back, do nothing and let empire poker die instead of making a move while things are still up in the air? Pure genius. Sitting back and comparing empire to a different company that was part of its past instead of looking to the future. You have a brilliant career as a leader of a progressive industry in your near future.

How do you know that empire cant carve out a niche by offering half the rake of other sites? As far as I know this has never been done by a major poker room. Combine this with an advertising campain that touts 50% rake compared to the other sites and maybe something will happen. I am not saying it will work, I have no clue if it will work. But I do know now is the time to try such a thing, if they ever want to be a major player again. Or you can sit back and compare empire to party and think about the old days.