View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 09:59 AM

Default Re: All-time worst hand award candidate?

MP had QJs, BB had T6.

Had I been playing the hand instead of just sitting at the table with a couple of cards in front of me...

Preflop - Capping gets another 4 small bets in there but I don't think it necessarily puts me back in the driver's seat. The table is a bit passive and the cap would more than likely draw a few peoples' attention and I wouldn't get much action if an ace flops without a draw on board.
Capping with best hand and callers is good, but my flat call of the reraise was acceptable and could gain me something later in the hand.

Flop - I've got an overpair with backdoor flush potential.
Two big cards, flush draw and straight draw. With MP's reraise and 2 people calling 3 bets cold people have to like the flop. I could go for the check-raise but I'd like to thin the field and that may not do it. I'll lead out, counting on a raise from either the preflop raiser or someone else that hit. When it gets back to me with the MP raise and the BB cold-calling I should pop it to find out if MP flopped a set and charge them both if they're drawing.

Turn - Flush card comes but I have a redraw to the nuts. I should bet it and see if I can take the pot. If it's raised then I'm definitely behind and I can call and see if the river brings my club. If there's callers then I could still be ahead.

River - Not what I wanted to see. With the turn checked around, I should be able to put MP on a hand that I beat. BB has been check-calling the whole way so the only thing I can imagine for him is a small pair. I thought his river bet meant a king, but he would have bet the flop with top pair. He could have 66 and was going for a checkraise on the turn. He could also have crap and is betting to try to take a pot from two people who showed weakness on the turn. I may or may not be behind the BB and I'm pretty sure I beat MP. No way I should fold. If I'm ahead, a raise would knock out MP and possibly cause BB to fold. If I'm behind, a raise would knock out MP and get a reraise from BB. I should just call the bet and hope MP stays.