View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Anybody rather win a satellite into the WPT Championship than the

I'm with Curtains...don't care who i play with...$25k > $10k.

[ QUOTE ]

It would be neat to play alongside some of the best players in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly it is kind of neat...but it's not the end-all-be-all.

I'm a nobody and a sucky player...but I won a seat to the WSOP main-event and I had enough W$ on Stars left-over to buy into the $3k event on July 1.

I had played in only 1 live tournament prior to that which was on the Party cruise. I briefly played at the same table as Chip Jett and Ron Rose (I think). Chip was a maniac and was stacking up the chips pretty quickly which was interesting to see.

At the WSOP $3k event I was sandwiched between Tom McEvoy and Huck Seed which was kind of fun. Huck's dry sense of humor was enjoyable.

At the main-event I was at the same table as Johnny Chan for all 10+ hours I lasted on day 1 (Johnny got eliminated about 10 minutes after I did).

so...I get to say "Johnny Chan is at my table" on my cell-phone to a guy updating my blog on my progress in the main-event (me saying this on my phone was captured by the ESPN cameras so I was on TV for about 4 seconds sounding like a total retard...perhaps you remember that part).

but the reason I'm there is because I'm 'in it to win it' as they say (or, at least have a shot of making the money).

To that end, I would have much preferred to NOT have had to think "crap...he just check-raised me but I still think I'm good here...but it just happens to be Johnny Chan who check-raised me so WTF do I do now?!?!"

trying to steal blinds from Chan or Seed is NOT my idea of a fun time.

I prefer to feel like a genius against sucky players as opposed to an idiot against great players.