View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 07:11 AM

Default Re: I\'m not sure what this means

There are only two ways that I can think of to get at what ROI a tournament player might expect.

One way I can think to apporach it would be to find some top class 1-table, 2-table and 3-table SnGers and see what sort of ROI they are each getting. Perhaps from that one could extrapolate what the sort of ROI one could expect from an n-table tournament. But this really isn't many data points to work with....

A poker room might be able to look at an individual player's ROI for SnGs and then compare to their ROI for tournaments. Applied over an entire customer base it might be able to extrapolate a relationship between SnG ROI and Tournament ROI.
A player would then only need to know their SnG ROI to know their Tournament ROI.

There are of course a huge stack (no pun intended) of other factors which would be unaccounted for in both of these techniques. So no need to post and say how crap they are. But if you can come up with anything better....

One other thing:

[ QUOTE ]

As your long term MTT performance will be focused around the big wins, whether you get your buyin back in a tournament is not of great importance long term.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely right, but it may well make a considerable difference to RoR for a given BR. Considering the massive variance of MTTs RoR is a pretty major problem for all MTT players.

Just some thoughts

Tim