View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 09:40 AM

Default a typical \'i suck, please look at my stats\' post

Hi. I have broken even at 5/10 limit over my last 25k hands. i figured i should write a brief post on my pt #'s, etc and see if anyone would be kind enough to offer some advice.

My #'s overall are about 17/9/2.9ish over a substantial sample. upon reviewing my #'s for warning signs of any possible leaks, I noticed several that differed outside of 'call me ishmael''s recommended norms:

1) blind stealing - this stat was, i believe, 2 % points outside of ish's range (cant recall the exact #) - perhaps i have a tendency to steal too often, and should focus steal attempts primarily around tighter blinds

2) went to showdown %: i believe ish's recommended range was 32-36. i am at 28%! perhaps i may not go to showdown often enough. but if this is true, i have no idea what types of situations i generally need to show down more. are there any good poker tracker threads that might help in this regard? perhaps i simply need to post more hands, etc.

3) as for my 2.9 af, i have worried recently that perhaps this is a bit high. but sometimes i notice the af of other seemingly good players to be in the stratosphere (like 5ish) over many hands- perhaps they simply are not that good?

4) more specifically, my flop af is an appalling 3.4, if i remember correctly. is this way too high? i do often attempt to steal on the flop (almost always betting missed ak's, etc, betting high wired pairs even when overs flop, etc- this is a tough spot for me, especially upon reading much contrasting opinion in this site, thfap, etc- perhaps i should default much more often to a simple check/fold whenever overs hit?

5) river af though, was only 1.8. is this too low? perhaps i am too passive on the river, and this is could explain my low showdown %?

alas, i am so confused. i feel i generally play fairly well, etc, and do not make many huge errors. but if i break even for another 25k hands, i may have to quit and focus solely on my legal studies, thus abruptly ending the dream...

i think i will start posting hands, studying, etc to try to come up with plans for improving. i play 5/10 primarily (perhaps i should drop down during this spell), so if anyone has any specific advice that would tailor to that level (when considering my above #'s), i would be glad to hear. also if anyone would like to look at some hand history, etc (id be happy to do the same).

thanks