View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Another Question For Protestants

Choose one of the leaders of the Reformation, in this case I am going to use Calvin, but you can choose any of them you wish, and then put him alongside Thomas Aquinas, who though living several hundred years earlier nonetheless in his writings put forth definitive explanations of catholic doctrine. These two then, Aquinas and Calvin, arrive before God to be judged after their deaths. In your opinion, which of the two outcomes below is most likely? (Note that I am not referring to their eternal judgement but to a judgement on their christian teachings.)

A. God said to one of them "well done good and faithful servant", while saying to the other, "you fool!".

B. God said to both of them, "well done although you both were partly wrong and thus lead some astray in matters of sound doctrine".

If you choose B then also answer the following question: if they were both only partly right then how can that not partially render God's word void, which scripture says cannot happen, if his full divinely revealed truth is not found somewhere 100% correct and entire since it was obviously so during the ministry of Christ? Notice that I am only referring to that truth which has been revealed and not to such as may not have been.

P.S. for kidluckee et.al., I know you think they were both fools but this is a question for protestants.

Bonus Question: Could OT figures and prophets such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Elijah etc. have been saved, and if so by what means since they never could have accepted the gospel before their deaths? Keep in mind what the NT says regarding the possibility of faithfully keeping the old law.