View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: analyzing hh files with scripts

[ QUOTE ]

There's a lot of scenarios I'm interested in taking a look at but offhand seems like a script parsing hh could get pretty complicated so thought I'd check before wasting a lot of time trying (and I don't know anything about querying access/pgsql dbs)...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are capable of coding perl, you will likely find SQL very easy to get in to.

What kind of set up are you running? PokerTracker on Windows with an Access Database? or something altogether more tricky like Party & PokerTracker running in WINE using Linux native Postgres? I seem to remember you posting some Linux Poker stuff not too long ago.

If you like, I can easy get you started with some simple SQL scripts you can use to query your PokerTracker data. Give me an example of something you'd like to know, I'll try to knock up some SQL to find it.

Take a look at my post history, there are some SQL rakeback calculators, raked hand % counters filtered by Number of players + level, and some other scripts I have posted in the past.

You can always start a thread here with "Does anyone know the SQL to do this...", I, and others better than me will likely give you a good answer.

Also, PokerTracker's SQL forum is good.

My SQL skills are not great, my code is probably nowhere near optimal, but for offline analysis this isn't so important. It is you want to make an app such as PokerAce, where the SQL efficiency is critical.

Let me know what you want to know,

Enjoy!

dave.