View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Common problem: KK gets donked by an A-high flop

Common problem: You get a premium PP not AA, you raise pre-flop and a bunch of people donk along only to find an A-high flop. Ugh.

SB here is fairly tight for the game (probably TOO tight), 17/7 and I have not seen him get out of line.

Nothing of value on UTG or MP.

Absolute Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Heroine is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Pre-flop is gay.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="red">H</font><font color="green">e</font><font color="blue">r</font><font color="orange">o</font><font color="yellow">i</font><font color="purple">n</font><font color="pink">e</font>...?

Here are my options:

a) Be weak-tight and fold.
b) Call like a bith.
c) Raise, hoping to knock out weak two pair/trips draws (and if I can get an ace to fold that would me wonderful... doubt it, though). You also run the very high risk of scaring a loose/passive weak ace to calling down, which is no g00t.

Pot now: 4.50 BB

-K