View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Didn\'t think this blocking bet would work but it did

Live 5-150 spread game. Villian is a set miner, weak/tight nit that sees monsters under the bed. I have him covered by a about $200. Table is playing pretty passive PF at the moment with only one or two people making lots of raises, but gets aggressive and wild post flop.

PF: A couple of limpers to me in CO with T8o and I limp, OTB is the villian who limps, SB folds and BB checks.

Flop: ($25) 973r, checks around to me and I lead for $20, villian calls all the rest fold. As soon as he called I knew he had a hand. The limp from the button and smooth call was most likely 33 or 77 for a set.

Turn: ($65) A, I lead for $5, villian is confused and calls.

I am really surprised the small bet worked as a blocker. I want to see the river with the OESD as cheaply as possible and I knew from his past play that if I was right and he had the set he was going to bet big on the turn. But I also knew he had enough respect for me that if I throw out a strange bet like I did that he would see monsters or at the very least confuse the hell out of him.

We talked about the hand later on a break, and he admitted to me that he was scared I had slow played AA looking for a LRR with a aggressive BB. And that he was indeed confused as to what to do with the small extermely non standard bet from me (I am pretty aggressive post flop). He was looking to RR a PSB from me, but the minimum bet throw him off so bad he made a bad play.