View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Does David Slkansky Have Any Friends?

[ QUOTE ]
I started a 150/300 holdem interest list and schneids got on the list. Sklansky arrived and joined the list shortly after. I was sitting playing 80/160 when he walked by. I asked him "how many players would you start a game with?" and he looked at me like "wtf are you talking to me for?" and I repeated myself and he coldly said 3 and walked away.

When he was in the 80 game he had a young black woman sitting behind him who he was explaining poker too. I thought that was interesting.

I introduced myself to him when I was there perhaps 6 months ago and he was cold and said "oh i don't really pay attention to people's names in the forum." Maybe just wasn't his day, who knows. Either way I know he doesn't give a [censored] who I am so meh.

[/ QUOTE ] from here

In addition to BK's story about Dave being a bad person other people have told me the same thing about him. I am wondering, is he maybe depressed because he doesn't have friends? Or perhaps it the different but related problem of being lonely because he has no girlfriend, the fact that he would give poker lessons to a 'young black woman' lends credence to that idea.

Also, I noticed when I was in Vegas that David looks quite a bit more haggard than the photos on 2+2 books would have you believe (obviously I wasn't presumptious enough to try and have a conversation with the master). Possibly he hasn't gotten any excercise lately because he is too busy pumping out revolutionary theory on poker, Christianity and god. I don't know what to make off all this, but I'm very concerned about Slanksy's health!