View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 AM

Default Re: I suck OOP...a 1010 hand

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i don't like the c/r line at all either. No reason to build a pot in which there is a strong chance we are behind if these guys are betting out. Plus I think there is some fold equity on the flop by betting out.

I like your thoughts West. Especially HU I think a b/f line on the turn may be better, though I'm hard pressed to see many hands they are cc preflop and then call the board with this flop and not a piece?

[/ QUOTE ]
Whether to bet/fold the turn or check/fold the turn is a very close decision. This is where a read on your opponent would be very helpful. For instance, if you were up against a loose opponent, than betting the turn is mandatory since KJ,KT,JT or a flush draw can all easily be there, plus loose players are more apt to peal the flop with hands like 99 or worse even on that board to see if they get lucky on the turn. But if you were up against a very tight player then check folding the turn is probably the best play since a tight player will not call you preflop with KJ,KT,or JT. With no read I always assume my opponents are more on the loose side of the spectrum than the tight side, which is why with no read I would bet/fold the turn.