View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 12:14 PM

Default On the bubble, how do you play this hand?

There are 4 left in a $5.00 + $0.50 Sit and Go.

Trying to get a steal situation has been next to impossible because the chip leader (UTG in this hand) has been playing 75%+ of the hands since we got down to 5 players. He comes in every time for the minimum bet, whether he has a solid hand or crap. I have watched him call down and bluff with nothing but Ace high or him managing to hit two pair while playing something like 95 offsuit or just calling along with a monster.

The other two players have been pretty timid. They appear to be just trying to last into the money.

I am wanting to finish in the money of course, but since the other two are playing so cautiously I want to take advantage of the situation and build some chips for when it is down to 3 players.

I debated pushing this hand preflop, but just really didn't like my position.

All comments, criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed)

BB (t1445)
UTG (t5605)
Button (t3510)
Hero (t2940)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, BB calls t400, UTG calls t400.

Turn: (t1800) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t1200</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero ???</font>