View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: A couple of thoughts on re: the 2+2 tables

2+2 tables are rarely mindless lagfests from beginning to end. They usually fluctuate between taggish boring and laggish exciting. Many of the weekend evening tables I've started have become drunken spewfests but it usually is proceeded by at least an hour of solid play.

2+2 tables are whatever the players at the table make them. I can LAG it up when the mood and beer moves me and I can play my TAG A game. Even when I'm lagging I'm rarely trying to spew, I'm usually trying to run over weak tight players which works to my advantage. You can get incredible action on your real hands when you show down a few stinkers at a 2+2 table.

Some of the best games I've played have been against thinking LAG's like Entity, btspider, shillx and cnfzzd. Their numbers are all LAG but they usually bring it. This type of game helped my play immeasurably and was quite fun. I learned to be more aggressive pf and how to play HU against someone who will fold to aggression but will also slowplay you and punish you when you get out of line.