View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 08:58 PM

Default Re: home game NL hand

Thanks for all the suggestions. Regarding the river underbet, I kind of spaced out on whether I should try to bet to push the other guy out if he had a marginal hand, versus being worried that he was slowplaying something like a two pair. (I was more inclined to the former after he didn't raise the turn, since I hadn't seen him slowplay any of his bigger hands, but this was my first time playing with him and wasn't sure how solid that read was.) Somehow I decided on a compromise mini-size bet that obviously wouldn't accomplish either.

He ended up turning over T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to outkick me by one pip [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] He mentioned afterwards that he was also worried I might have JT and would have folded to a bigger bet.

Revising my EP calling standards now seems like a good idea. I'm still working on trying to figure out how much I can loosen up in short-handed games before I start calling too much. I'd been inclined to call because so many people were seeing a lot of flops for cheap that I'd figured to play a few more drawing hands than conventional wisdom; this was a hand I probably shouldn't have pushed so far when it missed both of its primary draws.