View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: I Make a Fishy Checkraise

This is not a fishy checkraise at all. While you shouldn't attempt it often, it should definitely be part of your repertoire and this looks like the perfect spot to use it in. In fact, your hand is either good or chopping a pretty large percentage of the time here.

After it got checked through on the flop, UTG+1 did not bet the turn. So he probably doesn't have a made hand. Button didn't bet the flop, which he would certainly have done with a made hand or even a gutshot draw, given your read. So I would say that pretty damn often you have the best ace high. Since your read is that Button will call down with weak hands and it appears that he doesn't have a weak made hand here, I like the c/r even better.

Regarding your river bet, you pretty much commit yourself to it after the turn c/r. If he folds a worse ace then it still has a bit of value in hiding the move you just made from the rest of the table; if he calls with a made hand (or rivered 3-outer) he would've bet it if you'd checked, and you probably would've called with the pot so big & the opponent so aggro.