View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 33 party - oesd on flop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply.

I am going to continue folding this kind of thing. I don't see myself making money from it. I'd love to have a better player explain to me how to make money with such a weak hand in this spot, but until then it's a fold for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

T9o is an excellent for playing postflop. Not to be rude, but if you're waiting for Group 1 hands all day, then you're missing alot of opportunities to double up (or less) early on. I rarely go into the bubble shortstacked; the main reason is my postflop play in Levels 1&2 with small/medium connectors. People with one pairs are just dying to give you their chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, but you haven't explained your plan for extracting value in this hand, or which flops will generate value for you, and explained why there's enough such flops to justify the risk you take on by getting involved in a hand with T9o.

Also, there is a big difference between completing this at the 33s and at the 55s. I know you play the 55s from one of your other posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I play the 22s. I dabbled in the 33s and 55s to see what they're about. Don't have BR yet for anything above 22s yet.

So back to my reasoning. It's costing you 15 chips to see a flop that might net you, at the very least, 75 more chips. We know there are limpers (well, BB hasn't limped yet, but with one limper already, it's more likely than not that BB will check). So, we don't have to worry much about being priced out preflop by a subsequent raise.

We can assume that the first limper has a Group 2 through 4 hand. We're hoping for an OESD on the flop and one face card - the face card hopefully will hit one the opponents and give us implied odds. If we get the OESD on the flop, we're 30% to hit by river. And if we do hit, we're most likely getting a boatload of chips. If we hit nothing on the flop, we get out (15 chips gone - no biggie). For the times we get OESD on the flop, we lead (we can often take the pot by just leading). If turn is a blank and opponent prices us out, then we're outta there.

What I do is raise pf with connectors. 3 reasons for this: 1) I can take the pot preflop; 2) I can take the pot on the flop when an A/K/Q hits and I lead; and 3) when I do hit my straight, no one will suspect it since I raised pf.

This is all controversial I know - although it's recommended in a few books, including Harrington (although, admittedly, it's tougher to do in a 800 chip SNG than a MTT).

These hands are great for good post-flop players. It's +EV if you have good reads, can get away from a hand, etc.