View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Making a slightly negative ev play to build a stack in NL

I play mostly 1/2 or 2/4 nl and other than the Wynn every where I play has been a capped buy in. I do not run over a table when I have chips but if there are several big stacks at the table I like to be able to stack them when I hit my hand.
I will do things like checkraise all in with a decent draw even if I think there is a good chance I will get called because if I do get called I won't be far behind and I can do damage to a big stack.
For example Paradise 1/2nl
I get queen 10 of clubs in the bb 3 limpers
Flop is AcKc rag
I pot one caller, a 100 dollar stack makes it 30 to go and I put him all in. He had actually limped with ak but I was still 43% to win the hand when called. If I was at the Wynn against a calling station I would have played this very differently.

A better is example would be at the Mandalay Bay. The structure is almost as bad as the players (2/4 nl 200 max)
These donkeys slosh chips around all day so you get stacks from 600-100 in front of terrible players. So if i were to get ak in the bb and a donkey who raised a lot made it 20, and got 3-4 callers I would just push hoping to accumulate some chips so I can play with a reasonable stack against retards. Is my thinking flawed on this matter?