View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Default How Much Luck Do You Need.....

just finished sixth in local B&M MTT $35 buy in.I only played about 15 hands TAG.I thank you all for the advice given.

At first table one guy built massive chip lead and blew it all in 15 minutes.He would call any raise with any paint or ace with any kicker and suck out.

At second table we were near bubble and one lady had one chip left in BB. Blinds were T4k/8k.She just started going all in pre flop with every hand until she had t85k. There were 228 players that started with t2200.There were two other people at this table that were calling every bet with any paint or ace and had big stacks.I am BB with 99. 2 callers to SB who pushes all in for t12k.I call and other 2 call.SB has JAo, the other 2 A4s. A7o and they both laugh at me for calling with "just a small pair". Pair wins 2 players gone and one cant make the next blind.

We get to the final table of 8 and 3 of the other 7 were from the last table. They were calling stations that got there on 100% pure luck.Blinds were t10k/20k and I only had t80k. I was card dead. I am BB with 34s and saw free flop with button. Flop 456. I had flush draw, open ended str8 draw and bottom pair. Button goes all in for t15k I call and miss and she has K5o.

I didnt realize how much luck was involved in making final table. Me, for dodging bad beats and at least 3 others for playing any 2 cards and wishing.

Post Extras