View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Re: OESD\'s checked to in position - do you bet these?

scrapperdog wtf? i ramble a lot but come on.

[ QUOTE ]
You cant be in fear of a check raise. It might happen but until it does I dont worry much about it on the flop. I worry about it a lot more on the river when the pot has gotten big.

[/ QUOTE ]

You find your check-raised more on the river than on the flop? If you have the nut straight on the river why would you care?

[ QUOTE ]
a giant bluff sized bet

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this part of your game?

[ QUOTE ]
This is another reason that I think a normal sized bet is good. Once people start putting money in the pot they dont want to let go, even if a strait possibility shows up. If they have nothing invested in the pot they drop it like a hot potato when a scare card hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely the main reason why a big bet on the flop is wrong. You nailed it. If someone calls, they will be pot-committed!

[ QUOTE ]
I am 90% sure you will make more money off this hand in the long run by betting this flop instead of checking it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That depends on table conditions and obviously what your opponents hold. 90% sure, eh?

[ QUOTE ]
they overbet at the pot instead of a normal bet, then feel the need to move in on turn when they miss. I even see this encouraged in this forum sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a play money forum now? I must have missed this post...