View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Cause or effect? VPIP sliding

[ QUOTE ]
Over the past month or so (10K hands) my vpip has been steadily decreasing, from 19 to 16. PFR has remained at about 10. Am I passing up on too many equity edges?

When I first started reading the boards about a year ago, the 'norm' was about where I am now. Now most of you guys are in the 20+/12+ range. Is my learning curve that much slower, or am I looking for larger edges to push, and foregoing the marginal ones?

I'm still in the 11/12 PFR range from MP2 and later, but 6's and 7's up front. Natural evolution, or weak-tightness?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably both.

you might be self self-selecting certain tables that cause you to tighten up from EP a lot, or not allow you to play otherwise "limpable" hands either in EP or elsewhere.

or you may be passing up edges...

the "stats" of representing our game will change because of because of the games we are in and because of active effort (ie, learning more). i don't know whether this will be useful of pertinent, but here is my own data:

The images are my positional stats from 1/2 full and 3/6 full. They are hard (and interesting) to interpret for 2 reasons. First, I have been learning over this time period (over 1 year of play) and my game has evolved. Whether it has evolved for better or for worse is questionable, hopefully the former!. Second, the 1/2 game is somewhat different than the 3/6 game (though fundamentally the same imho).

Anyway, I have morphed from a 18.2/10.2 at 1/2 to 21.3/13.5 at 3/6.

Personally, I would say that the change has resulted from both active table selection (putting myself in positions where I can isolate people, or buy the button from a rock) and learning. (and at 3/6 i'm running realllllllly well so i've been getting lots of good cards to play.)

Just 1/2:

Just 3/6: