View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 AM

Default after mike sexton\'s CP article....he needs to STFU

sexton's new article

most of this article was all right..the complaints were valid..until he came to the idea of limiting the number of entrants in the wsop.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you imagine a much larger venue than the Rio had this year? And staffing an event that could be twice as large next year will be very difficult, if not impossible.

So, what’s the solution to the growth problem? Well, many think it’s time to increase the buy-in of the championship event to $20,000-$25,000. That would eliminate the problem of a massive field. Here’s my suggestion: Set the WSOP up like the U.S. Open golf tournament. Make players qualify regionally to play in the championship event. Bring the top 2,000 players from these qualifying events into Las Vegas for the final event. Allow another 1,000-2,000 to qualify at the Rio. In other words, players would have to earn their way into the championship event.

I would set up regional qualifying in Europe and other places around the world, as well as in the East, North, South, Midwest, Southwest, and West here in the United States; $10,000 buy-in tournaments would be held at the qualifying sites, where players would have to make the money to play in the final event in Las Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

well mike, no that idea sucks i'm sorry. do the good players get invites then? what happens if phil ivey tries to qualify and doesn't make the main event? he's gonna cap someone's white ass that's what. and maybe it'll be yours mike.
i for the most part have respect for you mike, but this idea is $hit. the only reason these pools have grown and why poker is so popular is that it's accessible to everyone. And that's what makes the game appealing.