View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Tookie, tookie, tookie... what about the victims?

A little info on the victims, since I have yet to see any in this thread:

Williams was convicted for the slaying of Yen-I Yang, his wife Tsai-Shai Yang, and daughter Yee-Chen Lin during a robbery at the hotel that the family owned in Los Angeles.

According to a Chinese-language Sing Tao Daily report on Dec 11, Yen-I Yang, a former middle school English teacher, immigrated from Taiwan to the United States in 1970 after he retired. The Yangs invested their money in a motel in south Los Angeles called Brookhaven. Mr. Chen, a friend of the Yang family, told the Sing Tao Daily that customers at the motel only stayed for one or two hours at a time, creating a quick flow of clients and a large cash reserve that attracted robbers.

On the morning of March 11, 1979, Williams allegedly broke down the door into the motel, shooting Tsai-Shai Yang, who was sitting at the front desk. Williams then shot and killed Yen-I Yang, who was sitting on a couch nearby and his daughter, Lin, who came into the room. Williams then took $100 from the cash register and fled. Yang’s son, Robert Yang, was in an adjacent room, heard the commotion and found his father, mother, and sister, who were all shot at close range.

The article doesn't mention that the victims were shotgunned at close range.

Roast in hell, scumbag. Hope your Crip G's are preparing a nice welcoming party for you.

Pacific News dot org