View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Dunkin\' Donuts sucks

[ QUOTE ]
The best kind of donut by far is black raspberry filled, the kind that is so stuffed with filling that you can see dark red pools just below the surface. The kind that threatens to squirt all over you if you bite it in the wrong place. For years Dunkin' Donuts didn't carry these. Instead they carried the vastly inferior grape jelly filled, with a little dab of jelly in the middle of a sad squashed and often stale powdery shell. Then for a short time they had black raspberry filled, and now they don't carry them again, at least not around me. A chain called Mister Donut used to make an excellent one, but the ones near me closed down. The popular Krispy Kreme carries a black raspberry filled donut, which makes Dunkin's decision even more surprising.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first BruceZ post that I have totally disagreed with.

Dunkin Donuts rules, and filling donuts with any sort of jelly or jam is dumb. It distracts throws off the crucial balance of sugar and fat that makes the donut such a wondrous creation.

Krispy Kreme donuts are ok, but they are too sweet. Also, they don't come with the gallon of Dunkin Donuts iced coffee that is the second best thing about Dunkin Donuts.

scrub