View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

"It's a Small World" Coincidence:

While growing up, I lived in Turkey for 5 years. One of my best friends in school there was a kid named Mike. Long story short, my family moved back to the States, his moved on to Indonesia, we lost touch. No big deal.

Five years later I'm in my HS English class here in Maryland and notice a new kid to the school walk into the classroom carrying a Jakarta International School gym bag. From our brief attempt at correspondence, I know that this is where Mike attended school after moving to Indonesia. Just for the hell of it, I ask this kid if he knew Mike.

He & Mike were close friends in Jakarta.

More Normal-life Coincidence:

My day job is delivering flowers for a local florist. A good percentage of our deliveries go to funeral homes and churches. On one particular route, I was going to one of each.

As I pulled into the parking lot of the church, the radio started playing AC/DC's "Highway to Hell". About 20 minutes later, as I drove up to the flower delivery room at the funeral home, the dj started up Guns N' Roses "I Used To Love Her".

Poker Coincidence:

Playing Party poker, 3/6 if memory serves, full ring. It's a particularly good table and so of course I'm running cold. A loose passive player limps, a loose aggressive player raises, a loose player coldcalls, and I 3-bet in the CO with pocket tens. Loose, bad SB coldcalls, it gets to the TAG in the BB who sits there pondering for about 10 seconds. Finally, I type in the chat box "I'm just gonna flop quads, but go ahead and call if you must". BB eventually folds, everyone else calls.

Flop: TT7.