View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
Recommedation for a new feature for those who want to multi-table beyond their monitor capabilities: allow tables in which you are active after the flop (or through some manual identifier) to remain on top of other tables until the start of the next hand. The idea is to be able to follow the action in a subset of tables in which you are especially interested. I am currently 12-tabling on two monitors and the only way I can follow a specific table is to place all 12 tables on my 2nd monitor, have the focus on the primary monitor, and then drag a table of interest to the main monitor for the duration of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this form of tracking previously, and i've come to the conclusion that it's too dangerous to implement before i know MTH v2 is 100% stable. The reason being that the way things work results in the windows remaining their "topmost" state, even though MTH quits/crashes. That means if two of your tables were set to be topmost and MTH crashed, they would remain topmost, and you couldn't do anything about it other than closing/reopening the tables.

And trust me, it's mayhem when you're running 12-16 tables on a small monitor and two of the tables suddenly cover more than half your screen... I had it happen to me quite some times when i was still running my single 17" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this: You want to follow a table, so instead of it being returned to its original location AFTER focus, it is returned to a secondary location (that we can specify, adjacent to the focus location), BUT it does NOT stay in focus (which I think is the problem you were outlining above). In other words, using space, not focus, to follow a table. Then after the hand is completed the table would return to its normal storage location. Two-three such secondary locations would be the dream. You could stack all of your tables in the same corner and follow the tables of interest in the space created (i.e., secondary locations). You would be able to hyper-table effectively with only one or two monitors. I'm salivating...