View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Most wonderfully played hand ever. 109

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
must raise pf early on in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. And I will not debate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can bet some pretty good players disagree with you. Including me. I understand the argument you're making, but I think it's a pretty ridiculous one with 30 bb's. You have to realize how controversial what you said is, and "refusing to debate it" just makes you look like an ass.

In your other post you say that you're not going broke automatically with QQ on an all under flop, but against most opponents on this board it is wrong not too. Yadda, yadda, there are exceptions, and I'm aware of that, but with 30 bb's you just don't have a big enough stack to maneuver your way out of this pot in most of the instances where you're beat.

You also say that you check the flop to keep the pot small, but plan on check raising the second villain if he doesn't bet. Huh?

You go on to say that you put villain 1 on a c-bet or set and villiain 2 on a draw. You then say you're not scared of any cards yet, but want to make sure you see a safe turn so that you can go ahead and put cash in. Think about your reads for a second and see if it makes sense to wait for a safe card to bomb the turn given your reads. The turn card doesn't matter much for V1 because he either has a set or not (according to you), and there is no point in giving V2 a chance to correctly see a turn when you can charge him for his draw. You also let A's and K's draw for free. I just think so much of this thinking is incredibly flawed. It seems like you decided what you did was right (other than when you say you missed a turn bet) and you're coming here to defend it. I'm not saying just because everyone says you're wrong that you should believe it, but you should at least consider it and re-examine your thought process.

As for my position on the hand, I raise pf, fold to a reraise from most people. I bet the flop with intentions of getting it all-in or c/r all-in depending on the opponent. If I got to your turn I would pot it. River is fine.