View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Bombings in Amman Show US Involvement in Iraq Is Correct

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another instance of broadening the definition of terrorism well past the point of meaninglessness.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't meaningless to the Kurds and Shi'a when they had chems used on them. It wasn't meaningless to the Kuwaitis. But hey, if the gangbangers in your town are running wild and unchecked it's no skin off your back if they proliferate right? No way problems become bigger when you don't deal with them at the earliest opportunity right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop with the weepy rhetorical dribbling.

So your defintion of terrorism is any form of violence you regard as illegitimate? It isn;t a question of whether it's right or wrong; of course what Saddam did was wrong (as, for instance, was the firebombing of Japan in WWII). But to call it terrorism just empties the word of its last vestiges of meaning. Try war crime/crime against humanity or something like that.

"But hey, if the gangbangers in your town are running wild and unchecked it's no skin off your back if they proliferate right? No way problems become bigger when you don't deal with them at the earliest opportunity right? "

Are you drunk? I've no idea what you're talking about but I suspect it has nothing to do with the point I was making.