View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Fantasy help, it\'s the playoffs! $$-time

This week is the first week of our fantasy playoffs. It may seem early to some, but we didn't want to have the championship game in week 16 or 17 when teams that have locked up homefield/playoff spot might rest some of their better players. Any insight is appreciated.

Anyway, I'm in as the 3rd seed, narrowly missing a shot at a bye week. 6 teams make the playoffs, 4 spots get paid - if I lose this week, I'm out. First place is $2500 and change, 4th pays $500 and change.

Two issues:

1. Defense - I've got Baltimore and Minnesota (picked up off waivers this week) - I've been picking up a defense pretty much every week for the last 5-6 weeks since Baltimore's fell apart (at the ripe price of $5 per pickup) - Baltimore might get Ed Reed/Ray Lewis back this week, and they host Houston. Minnesota's D has been super-hot the last month, and they play at Detroit. Normally this would be a no-brainer, but I don't know how the coach firing/QB switch in Detroit will affect the players. What would you do?

2. QB - I've got Carson Palmer. The guy I'm playing has Chad Johnson and Rudi Johnson. Normally I'd keep Palmer in to mitigate the Palmer-to-Chad Johnson TD factor, but they are playing a very pissed off Pittsburgh team in Pitt this Sunday, a Pittsburgh team who beat Cincy IN Cincy earlier this year. My other QB is Kurt Warner, playing in San Francisco. I've got Boldin, he's got Fitzgerald. Go with the best fantasy QB this year playing in a tough game, or go with a re-tread QB playing for a bad team vs. an even worse team?

Here is my lineup this week, and the lineup i'm playing.

My lineup:

ACTIVE
QB - C. Palmer
RB - S. Jackson
RB - S. Gado
RB - T. Barber
WR - S. Moss
WR - A. Boldin
TE - L.J. Smith
K - Elam
D - Vikings

RESERVE