View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Interesting 20-40 hand to disect (big pot)

Very interesting hand, here is what I would do with each players hand, starting with yours.

Hero:

3rd: I would fold 3rd street here. I understand that your opponent might be raising with a 3 flush, but that is a legitimate hand. The 20-40 ante structure on partypoker requires extremely tight and unimaginative play.

4th: I might cap 4th street, but calling and trying to get a raise in on 5th is also a good idea.

5th: I definitely play the hand just like you did. Even if your opponent has a straight you'll win more than your fair share. Right now you have 5 outs to fill on 6th but you'll have around 7 or 8 on 6th street. If you combine this I think you win around 25% of the time if not more. Therefore capping even if he shows you a straight isn't a bad move. Since you can't be sure he has a straight, you definitely should cap.

6th: I'd bet just in case im ahead. The fact that the straight called 5th would make me think I'm ahead so I would bet.

7th: I call the pot is too big.
-------------------------------------------
Seat 3: (3 flush)

3rd: I call
4th: I'd be raising here with my 4 flush and gut shot in a 4 way pot.
5th: I'd definitely cap here since hero can't have me beat and the other guys look like they aren't ahead either.
6th: I'd bet
7th: I'd bet
---------------------------------
Seat 4: (Aces up)

3rd: I would raise
4th: I'd play it the same
5th: I think at this point I would fold aces up. Its pretty clear that hero has trips here, and not to mention now seat 3 is raising with what could be a straight. If my full house cards were live i would consider calling but with only 2 outs to the full house I definitely fold.

6th: If I made it this far I'd call here

7th: Call.