View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 03:53 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: my downward spiral

I would say you recognize your problem and the direction you want to go. That's a huge plus there. Many just sit there and let life roll over them.

I'd go see a CMHC.(certified mental health counselor) They're not that expensive and you can try it for once a week or every 2 weeks. This will help you greatly, imo.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to take a job such as fast food or grocerys. I feel that it would just concrete the idea that I am worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the bills get lean, you may have to get a job that's not up to your standards. This doesn't mean you will stay with that job forever by any means. It means you are doing what you have to do. It's very respectful to do that instead of going homeless and starving because your pride got in the way of survival. Up here, where Boeing lays off regularly, or goes on strike, we used to get guys coming in and working for many of us for side money. Now, these guys weren't accustomed to harsh physical labor, especially in comparison to their normal job, but they did it. There was never an air of being demeaned because they thought they should be doing something 'more' than basically gopher work.

But they did what they had to and then moved on when the scenery looked better.

It will change for you. It certainly did for me when I went through a huge transition that was 4+ years of absolute sh*t.

But again, I'd recommend seeing a CMHC as a starting point. Get your confidence back and priorities straightened out and it should eventually snowball for ya.

Take care

b

btw...one last thing:
[ QUOTE ]
I figured with getting on of the more difficult degrees (Physics) I wouldn't have much trouble finding employment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like physics? Or was your only motivation the 'ease' of finding employment? You may find something outside that field that you like better and would be happier doing. Just a thought.