View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: 20-40 Stud on Party

[ QUOTE ]

Mike,

Did you see my post below about this game? I think the low ante structure both sucks and blows. Why not play 30-60 on Stars instead? If you sit, they will come lol. This game has a $5 ante and $10 bring-in. The way this is structured, I might fold on 3rd. Is that weak? I certainly would fold and not raise on 5th. You say this guy is solid...if so, he is probably not raising light on 3rd in this structure. AK10 is cert. possible, but if so, he has a pair of aces. If you're determined to see this to the end, the raise is ok. But I don't think it's necessary really.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jeff. I actually was going to get an account on stars sometime this week in order to play in that game. The few times I've looked at it I didnt even see anyone sitting there but I suppose your thinking "if you sit they will come" might be right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I shouldn't give out this kind of info, but it seems like the only times the 20/40 is good are during the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually found the same thing to be true. I think it has to do with all the poor playing foreigners that populate the early morning and afternoon.

Anyway, I agree with what the consensus was by the three of you. In a fairly small pot it was a risky play. The bottom line was this player had been completing with damn near everything and I was tired of giving him my antes. I think the third street call wasnt that bad. Most soild players are going to always complete here with an ace. But when he caught the ace on fourth I agree I probably should have mucked. On fifth I figured raise or fold as I didnt want to give him cheap cards if he had no pair. If he calls at least I can be certain I'm behind.

Mike Emery