View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

I only saw the $10k weekly and $100k monthly freerolls.

didn't look at all the other freerolls for silver and gold which obviously has some extra value also (although probably not a lot...i can very easily see 2500 players in the $2500 freeroll so that would be only $1 of value).

I doubt they will pay super-flat though (unfortunately).
I expect it to be the same as their typical pay-out structure for all of their other tournaments which would be to the top 10%.

since we don't know what the pay-out structure would be for the freerolls it's probably not worth speculating.

The $10k freerolls for supernova players might be around 100 players or so for $100 in value per entry.
Obviously it's more value if there are fewer players and/or some of the players just don't plain show-up (which strikes me as likely...happens a lot in freerolls).

I think ODoyle makes some good points regarding the value involved here.
Obviously $0.10 per hand (not raked-hand) that he got playing really small levels at times on True was an exceptional value.

However...it is correct as others have indicated that the higher-stakes players don't get nearly as much value out of Stars since a $1 raked-hand is worth the same as a $3 raked-hand.

And it is also true that it's not direct cash which is a bother for some people (not as much for me really...plenty in the store to interest me...including the big events).

Plus...my estimations on the WSOP ME might have been low.
If they charge 700k FPP's or more then there's even less value obviously.

I still haven't fully decided how much I will be participating in this program.
If it was just a LITTLE bit more value that might be enough to do it for me.

As it is, you can certainly get more in direct-cash from other sites of course...and we don't know if this program will attract a ton of fishy players to Stars (to chase after these prizes also) or if it will only make the games tougher.

One other aspect of the Stars program....I expect that they will continue to do their 20% for $120 reloads every 2 mths or so (one can only hope).
This obviously adds extra value as you hanging out clearing away the FPP's.
Not necessary to figure out if the bonus comes out of your MGR or anything like that.

I'm not totally running-away from it yet.
It's still possible that some, or even most/all of my play will head over to Stars based on this program.

But the overall value for the prizes being slightly disappointing means there is also the chance I don't do any of this at all.