View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:49 PM

Default A hand and some commentary

Here's a hand from tonight. I love the commentary by the donks in it. Villian 1 just arrived so no reads. I also provide my own commentary of what I was thinking as usual.

Villian 2 is the definition of weak tight--unbelievable in this day in age anyway lol. Of course he's only still here cause his AQ beat my JJ when he was a short stack and I couldn't fold. (of course before that chased a straight when I had two pair and his remaining stack wasn't enough for me to consider folding).

Anyway, here's the hand.
1/2 blinds 200 NL 6 max. Both villians have about 120 (and didn't bring in full).

Villian 1 is second to act and calls.
I raise to 8 with Ace of Diamonds, King of Clubs.

Everyone else folds and villian 1 calls.

Flop was 4 of Spades, Queen of Clubs, Ace of Spades

Villian1 checks I bet 12. Sometimes I bet 12 sometimes 16 depending on table (if they start folding to one I make it the other usually). I think any ace is calling and I want that to stick around. Villian1 calls.

Turn was the Jack of Spades.
(Worst possible card now QJ hit AJ hit K10 hit any flush hit etc)
Villian1 checks I check.

River is the Nine of Hearts.

Villian1 bets about the size of the pot.

Results and Commentary
<font color="white">
I fold figuring he could have literally anything here and most of those hands have me beat bluff is definitely possible of course but a flush/straight/two pair easily can play it the same way--he flips over 52 offsuit.

Villian 2--well played
me--lucky (I won't fold to that too often--just that board was hideous for my hand plus how is calling with 52 off then getting fortunate enough to bluff well played? lol)
Villian 1--nope well played
Villian 2--he played you like a fiddle
me--okay (while laughing)

I can say that chatter entertained me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Oh and Villian 1 then decided to play weak tight and ended up losing money by not outplaying me. Villian 2 got lucky when he moved in on the river with his boat and somebody called him when I would have folded and folded a lot of big hands there quickly but then preceded to blind that all off.
I was playing in a tourn so I let them be. Hope they had a fun night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
</font>