Thread: Flop the nuts
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Flop the nuts

[ QUOTE ]
If I raise to $110 and the SB has the flush draw. It will be $110 to him with a $220 pot. Even if BB folds, SB is still getting 2-1 now and will surely get my other $60, so hes getting 2.5:1

Incorrect odds for him, but dont you think its not incorrect odds enough for me to willing to risk losing a pot thats already pretty big? If BB comes along then the SB is getting good odds for a monster pot

Im wondering if all in isnt better even if I knew for a fact that the SB had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you are only playing for EV, give your opponent the worst possible odds that he will call. If u think he would call a push then thats awesome, if u think he will call $130 then good too. Place the odds on him calling each bet size with the EV of that bet. Then math it out.
I think this is a major thing overlooked in good poker players....being able to do relatively complex math problems in the 30 sec u have to make a decision.
Generally when players play bad in other areas of poker they also play bad in this area, the worse I feel my opponent is the more I bet here.