View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: hitting a downswing when taking a shot at moving up

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me if these are the stats of a normal day to day downswing, because if they are, I'm quitting forever:

KK: -27BB.
KJo: -15bb.
AJo: -11bb.
AQs: -11bb.
A9s: -9bb.
KTs: -9bb.
AKs: -8bb.
KQs: -7.5bb.
A9o: -5bb.
TT: -5bb.
ATo: -4bb.

Severl other hands are underperforming as well.

Look, we both know that individually these are ridiculously small amounts to worry about. The part that is bothering me is how many of these good hands are losing. Most of that list reads like a fricken premium cards starting hand char.

Maybe you still don't believe me.

My VPIP is fricken 14 w/ 8pfr. Low end of the spectrum for sure. I'm a tight a$$. But check this out: my w$wsf is 25, wtsd 32, and w$sd 43.

Now come on. With a 14vpip you know the cards that I'm playing and you sure as well know that that w$wsf and w$sd is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, for the hands you listed, I'm guessing the sample size for the offsuit hands is in the 5-12range, the pairs in the 0-6range, suited hands in the 0-5range roughly .. about right?? so you are worrying over samples like that? that will only lead to problems, granted you should be looking over the hands for mistakes, but you shouldn't be concerned about the results with that kind of sample

re: VPIP/PFR/WSF/WSD/W$SD

VPIP and PFR converge pretty fast, but definetly are gonna have good 600hand runs, bad 600hand runs, and average 600hand runs .. and could fluctuate a fair bit

the other 3 stats are postflop based, so look you've seen maybe 100-120flops counting the times you get free looks from the BB, so its a much smaller sample of an already small sample ... so the point is don't look into it too far.

I myself have trouble with over-emphasising results, its something I really have been working on, face facts its more fun when things are going well, and you are running tables over, then when things are rough, and your good hands are bricking out/getting outdrawn. But the majority of your post isn't concerned with your play, just look at these numbers and tell me what's wrong, when your focus should be on did I play well, and if not what was I doing wrong, how do I correct those mistakes so I don't make them in the future