View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: hitting a downswing when taking a shot at moving up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but if you know you are playing well, that is what matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this was the point of my whole post. What I'm asking advice for has nothing to do with my play. I have no problem with the way I'm playing. But we all know a 'good' player who lacks discipline loses in the long run. And so many beats in so few a time has really gotten to me.

So what I wanted were tips for focusing and improving my discipline. I should've realized microlimit wasn't the forum to post this in. I apologize.

Good day ladies and gentlemen.

[/ QUOTE ]

hooray for acting all high and mighty

I've went through 100+downswings at 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 and am in a similar situation at 5/10 right now at -58BB .. first thing you need to realize is that its never 100% variance, 99% of players play worse when things aren't going well, bad calls, bad folds .. tilt-raises, so stop thinking you are an expert getting hit with the variance stick, and look at your game, you'll find things that aren't good, don't worry everybody does

secondly, stop worrying so much about your results over a such a small sample, I couldn't see your stats, as the pic was tiny .. but I think you mentioned 75BB in 600hands, which isn't anything too unreasonable, and certainly not the worst you'll see.

getting to the point where the normal day to day swings doesn't bother you is a long process, and one that starts over at each new level I move upto, and basically its something where you have to tough it out, vent a little, and be real introspective of your game, saying that you "have no problem with the way you are playing" is a cop-out, you most certainly should be worried with the way you are playing, as you have leaks(everyone does) saying I don't need to work on my game outside of discipline coming from a 2/4 player is foolish, maybe someone who's beating 100/200 can say that, but you have fundamental leaks(again everyone does).

so the key is to always be critical of your play, and spend time reading and posting