View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Playing -EV in high stakes = +EV?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What separates high stakes players from everyone else is generally bankroll and/or a lack of risk aversion along with a strong enough grasp of a particular poker game that in their mind warrants them to play high stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

While that all may true, I think the biggest general differences between high-stakes players and lower-stake players is that high stakes players adapt faster and tilt less.

Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experiences, it is a lot easier to tilt at higher limits because you actually notice who's playing what and once the same person rubs it in day after day, you tend to get upset, wheras when I played like, 6 tables of 3/6 back in the day, tilt was non-existent, I didn't even know who the hell I was playing against.

As for adapting, I am not so sure people adapt CORRECTLY at times. For example what's with constant coldcalling of hands?

Is that some sort of +EV strategy against people who oftentimes raise with mediocre hands? How about re-raising with low pockets pairs?

I find that higher stakes, people play extremely bold and unpredictable. I can't say they are playing correct (of course a lot of them do). Hmph?