View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: $50 NL - vs $25 NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An extreme example, if I have $30 in my bankroll, should I only play $1 max buy-in tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want the best chance to not go broke, yes. The prohibitive cost of playing poker "correctly" (re: for profit) is unknown to most people.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think with that small of a bankroll (300 or less or so) its more important to play stakes that are not super micro than not going broke because the money is easy (for 99% of the people) to replace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because at lower stakes the game is too boring? The huge money at $25NL will keep them much more interested? I feel the exact opposite. You need learn that often poker is a very boring game based on patience. You can do that at any limit, so you may as well do it within your (fictional) bankroll where you can "afford" to take a few hits. It is not flashy and it will not really feel flashy to you unless you get on a great run of cards.

If you can easily reload your bankroll and are looking for wild and crazy good poker times, why not play some $100NL or $200NL 6-max tables? If poker is just entertainment, and I'm not saying that that is wrong, then play where you are most entertained. Some people will spend $200+ going out for drinks.