View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: unique showdown probabilities for two preflop hand matchups

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, while your way of organizing the permutations is nice on paper, it looks problematic from an algorithmic perspective.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still don't see what difficulties there are and what alternative you offer.

[ QUOTE ]
For example, given the matchup:

A1K1 vs. Q1J1

the "switch two suits" permutation doesn't apply. There aren't two suits to switch.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are always 4 suits. You can always apply all 24 permutations of the 4 suits.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <-> [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] applied to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] vs. Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] results in A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] vs. Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <-> [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] applied to A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] vs. Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] results in A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] vs. Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I thought "switch two suits" meant A1K2 vs Q1J2 -> A2K1 vs.Q2J1, which clearly wouldn't make sense if there was only 1 suit in the hand. The language here is ambiguous.

Now I wonder if I know what you meant by "cycle 3 suits." Is it:

A1K2 vs Q3J4 -> A3K1 vs. Q2J4, as in 1,2,3 are "cycled" to 3,2,1?

eastbay