View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:16 PM

Default STT- Toking Question- did I do the right thing?

100+20 Single Table Tourn in Fla
down to last two- we are dead even in chips (7600 to 7400)we chop. $375 each. I've never played let alone won a live STT, so I have no idea what to tip. I ask the dealer what he usually gets and he responds that he can't say. I press him a little but he doesn't budge. I throw down a $20 and ask him if that is 'in the neighborhood' he says yes and thanks me. The guy I chopped with also clearly had no idea what he was doing, as he threw down the $20 after me(which makes me think that I should not have taken the deal and played it out). The prick who finished in 3rd (seemed to be a regular) tipped 0-so that was no help.

What is the appropriate tip in this situation? was I way off? There are no (legal) B&M cardrooms within 4 hours of where I live and when I drive to AC I play mostly cash games, so it is not a situation that will come up often, but it is nice to know if/when it does. I would appreciate any thoughts.

Also, our table was directly next to the rail and the railbirds 'booed' the chop, never even saw that before. Has anyone else ever been 'booed' for chopping??