View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 07:40 AM

Default Re: 200NL...I keep swearing I\'ll stop this...2 barrel bluff (or 3)

[ QUOTE ]
I promise you, if you are folding TT here as villian, you are costing yourself a TON of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget for a minute that folding makes your play on the flop and turn look absurd in retrospect. Hero raised the pot in EP preflop. Then bet big on the flop and turn, and pushed the river. All you beat at the river is AQ-AJ, or a pocket pair 88 or lower -- i.e. a pure bluff. He's unlikely to have raised preflop to begin with with those hands, let alone fire three barrels post-flop with a hand that clearly isn't good and an opponent who likes his cards.

Do you honestly believe that Hero, with this line, has one of those hands more than 25% of the time in this game? If so, I think you're way off, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the villians line is always correct, although in this particular case it was, and if he folds here, you put a little note: "will call down with what he thinks is the best hand, then fold to half-pot bet when a random over card falls".

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you keep denigrating that K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a "random overcard," unlikely to have hit your opponent whether he was bluffing or not. The K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] cripples the chances that Hero is bluffing with the worst hand.

[ QUOTE ]
The rub is that you guys seem to fear AK for some reason, so the backdoor flush K scares the hell out of you and you fold. So I assume you call then when it comes Q of hearts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'd play it check-call/check-call/check to begin with, so I wouldn't be in this spot in the first place. That said, I would fear the Q much less than the K, since EP raises with AK are much more common than raises with AQ or KQ. I don't know if that's enough to turn it into a good call, but if I'd played the land like that and the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the river, I guess I'd have to call.