View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Huuuge River Overbet

Anyways, I ended up folding getting only 1.36:1, and figuring I probably ran into a flopped FH, with a turned or rivered full house also a possibility. The guy generally respected a flush that got there, so I guessed he was hoping I'd hit a flush and pay off an abnormally large value-bet.

The other possibilites were that he hit a flush as well (some of which could still beat me), or was just taking a stab at the pot with his A4 or whatever after I'd shown weakness. I just didn't think those possibilities were likely enough to warrant a call.

It's good to hear that people think an overbet like that is often someone with the nuts hoping for a call from someone who thinks they're bluffing. Makes me feel better about the fold.

FWIW, after the hand he claimed to only had a 4, despite the fact that I never saw him bluff-bet the river (cuz in this game, there's almost always a caller and he had it when betting time after time).

What do people think of the flop and turn play? Standard? I thought the flop bet was a little questionable, but given my tight image I figured I'd win the pot right there unless someone had a J.