View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Jesus could not have died for our sins

[ QUOTE ]
All men are born with sin.

Either jesus was without sin and not a man.
Or jesus was with sin and not a sacrifice.

I feel like an idiot speaking of these ridiculous things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only just started reading this forum so I don't know if you are Christian or not. I'll assume you aren't because of your last statement - the "ridiculous things" part.

All men are born with sin, the way I understand it, because we're a continuation of the Original Sin - whatever that means, and a subject unto itself.

Jesus, if you accept the Bible, was born without sin - through the Immaculate Conception. Which suggests the OS was sex. Again, a whole 'nuther subject.

In that sense, you could say He wasn't a "man." But, since He was God in the form of man, he was sujecting Himself to everything a man experiences. That was for the purpose of showing believers He knows what we experience on earth. To put it lightly, "Been there, done that."

He fought sin. In others and His own sinful temptations. Was he actually without sin? No one truly knows. There's the unaccounted for time in His life on earth to consider. And, if he "slipped," there don't seem to be any writings about it.

The sacrifice He made was his own life. To me, it demonstrates the pain He was willing to experience, again as a sign. I think that's what Mel Gibson was trying to illustrate in his movie.

If I was wrong about your beliefs, and you are a Christian, I see no reason at all to feel ridiculous about asking questions. We've all done it. I still do it. It's a normal/natural part of our human-ness. God gave us brains and we use them. We question. And, since He ain't always talkin' to me with a really loud and clear voice, I tend to get confused a lot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]