View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker stats - Is this swing ridiculous?

[ QUOTE ]
Monty Cantsin wrote: I have to say that not only is there a special forum for posts like these, but it's the best forum on 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Admittedly, it is one of the best forums here. Still, I think getting a glimpse at severe short-term swings is strategically beneficial. The more I play, the more I believe that emotional control is one of the more interesting and challenging things about this game. I've spent a fair amount of time trying to improve my performance when I'm running poorly; I discovered I haven't done enough work on improving my performance when I'm running well.

[ QUOTE ]
Tom Brooks wrote:That looks roughly like -11BB/100 followed by +11BB/100. Thats a dramatic difference. How about showing us two General Info. Tab screenshots, one for the first period and one for the second. It would be interesting to see if you were playing substantially different in those two periods or not. Did you consciously change anything in your game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I consciously changed nothing about my game. In my session reviews, I noted some poorly played hands in the downswing; but I also noted some poorly played hands in my upswing. I notice poorly played hands in most every session review. What I noticed most in my reviews was hitting / missing the flop, and making strong 2nd best against strong best / making strong best against strong second best.

These shots of the Gen Info tab are the best I can do -- I sorted by date and a 24-hour period is not fine enough to capture the beginning and end (the way you can in a graph). The most notable thing (if anything) to me knowing my own stats is my WTSD -- I am normally about 37% and I was noticeably lower both on the way down and on the way up. My blind steals were a hair low in both too, since I normally run about 43% at this level.

** A quick note on the stats: They're all 6-max though some appear to be full ring; I play on sites that PT doesn't recognize as 6-max automatically and I don't bother to correct it in this db. They're mostly 6-handed, though there are a few HU, some 3-handed, some 4-handed, and a fair bit of 5-handed play.