View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Ten 8/16 hands...I\'d like opinion on the lines...

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest issues I have:

[/ QUOTE ]
Criticism always good...
[ QUOTE ]

#4: You WAY overplayed this. I don't really like the flop raise, and I HATE the turn raise. Do you realize that you could have seen a showdown for like half of what you put in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It was an image play, however it didn't work.

[ QUOTE ]
#5: See this thread for discussion of the "wait to the river with top pair of As" line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Differences between the hand in that thread and my hand:

(1) BB 3-bet narrowing his range of hands significantly.
(2) This game is very aggressive, where most Party $3/$6 games are fairly passive. You will see very little check and call lines with my opponents. I will collect big $$ from supposed KK, QQ and JJ in the long run by not letting them off the hook by taking raise flop, bet turn line...they mostly fold that, and with those same hands by the time they bet the river and I raise, they have already become pot-stuck. It was a value raise that only has to be called by an inferior hand a small % of the time to be profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
#7: I don't really like the flop call without very specific reasons to do so. If villain is taking a shot because he thinks you missed the flop, okay. You'll have plenty of shots to take his money when you have a real hand or at least two overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that the flop call was kind of loose. I felt as if I hit my A, I would definitely be good and get a good return to my investment. However, don't forget several things:

(1) There are backdoor straight draws in addition to my over.
(2) Just because he bet the flop doesn't necessarily mean he'll bet the turn, so some of the time I'll get 2 cards for the price of one small bet.

However, in general, I should fold; you are right.

[ QUOTE ]
Everything else is reasonably good. We might be able to find a river fold in hand #9 against the right player, but against most I'm calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems his line is weird if he had a J (which was the only hand I was really afraid of) as he had one player to act who could conceivably have a draw. The pot was too big to lay down too.

[ QUOTE ]
Please never more than 2 hands per post!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! I'll try limit them next time. I felt most of them were fairly trivial (but wanted to make sure) and only some of them warranted real discussion.

Thanks for your post, W. Deranged.

Garland