View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Button Bongo Bonanza at the Bike

[ QUOTE ]
If I am reading all of this correctly the new 8 seat gets the button and owes a small blind on the button. The 9 and 1 seats both owe big blinds. You may post both blinds with the small being dead in the center or you may wait for the big blind. You were probably thinking you should get the button with the 8 seat being the small blind, but you have not taken a blind yet so you cannot receive the button. It has been a few years since I worked at the Bike, so perhaps Rick can clarify and quote exact rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Randy,

You might enjoy my other post, and yes, I was venting a bit (in my defense I was dealing with a rain leak into the wall behind a giant bookcase [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]).

Assuming this is top section, why can't Sparks in seat seven get the button and post a big blind on the button (note that next hand he posts a small blind with the button to his left). The player who is now in seat eight moved at an inopportune time, yet by doing so he missed a blind and would now post another big blind in seat eight. Seat nine also should post a big blind since there are always at least two blinds posted in front of the button (except when buying the button - the dead BTB blind serves as one of the blinds).

Next hand seat one posts the big blind (there is no seat ten in LA), seat nine posts a small blind, seat eight posts a small blind on the button, and seat seven (Sparks) posts a small blind behind the button.

The following hand (i.e, third hand in the sequence) everything returns to normal (small and big posted in front of the button with the button in seat nine) as all players have met their blind obligations. The fact that seat eight (who moved at the wrong time from seat six) seems to post an extra blind often occurs when a player moves while he is in the middle of the blinds (instead of dealing off).

Regards,

Rick